Vodpod videos no longer available.
Adding another string to the already thick bow of Pokemon spin-offs is PokéPark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure starring the little yellow electrocutioner in his first adventure game for the Wii. in order to save the day, Pikachu will befriend and team up with key Pokemon to take part in mini-games based on the park’s attractions including:
- Rhyperior’s Bumper Burn – Knock opponents off a stage.
- Bulbasaur’s Daring Dash – Waggle the Wii remote to gain speed in this race.
- Salamence’s Air Ace – Shoot down target while flying
- Venusaur’s Vine Swing – Swing from vine to vine for that perfect score.
- Gyarados’ Aqua Dash – Timed race on water full of obstacles.
These take place over different zones with their own unique environments like a beach, iceberg or something a little more volcanic. The befriended Pokemon will unlock even more mini-games as well as have their very own challenges for Pikachu, such as hide-and-seek or a simple chase. Already available in Japan, PokéPark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure is currently being localised for Europe and comes out July 9th. After being drawn-in but ultimately grew tired of Pokemon Rumble on WiiWare, an adventure game with varying game-styles has excited the big kid inside me. There’s no doubt that PokéPark Wii is made for the younger gamer but street-cred be damned, I think it could be pretty cool!